Terms Terms & Conditions
The use of this website, hereinafter the “Absstem Website”, is provided by Absstem plc, hereinafter “Absstem“, and is subject to the following terms and conditions, hereinafter the “Terms and Conditions”:
1. Your acknowledgement of the Terms and ConditionsBy accessing the Absstem Website you, the user, acknowledge and confirm that you have read, understood, and agree to the following terms and conditions of use. Furthermore, you agree to be bound by all applicable laws as well as any other applicable rules and conditions. If you do not understand or agree with these terms and conditions you must stop accessing and using the Absstem Website.
2. Scope of right to use
- All text footage, pictures, graphics, software, applications, sound samples, animations videos, corporate logos and brands, the layout of the Absstem Website, as well as other content contained in the Absstem Website, hereinafter jointly referred to as the “Absstem Website Content”, are protected by trademark and copyright law and other laws for the protection of intellectual property and may be subject to third parties’ rights.
- Absstem does not grant any license rights or other rights regarding the use of the intellectual property rights in the Absstem Website Content unless otherwise specified herein. The copying, distributing, reproducing, forwarding, or otherwise using of these intellectual property rights in the Absstem Website or the Absstem Website Content including the making available to third parties is not permitted without the prior written consent of Absstem. All such intellectual property rights remain the property of Absstem.
- The user is only permitted to view and use the Absstem Website Content for his own personal, non-commercial use as part of his use of the Absstem Website. The user is also permitted to produce a single copy of the Absstem Website for his personal, non-commercial use, on the condition that the content is not altered in the course of copying and all references to intellectual property rights are retained in the copy, or inserted if only extracts from the Absstem Website are used.
- The content of press releases and other documents classified as public may be used in public communications save the condition that the permission granted hereunder does not apply to those parts of public documents which are protected by trademark or copyright law, or other legal regulations. Any use of such material is made in the sole responsibility of the user.
- Access to or use of the Absstem Website or the Absstem Website Content from countries, where this access or this use is unlawful, is not permitted. In this case, and if the user wants to enter into business relations with Absstem, the user should contact representatives of Absstem in the respective country.
- Any other use of the Absstem Website as well as the Absstem Website Content is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
3. Restrictions of Use
- The user must in particular not, without the prior written consent of Absstem, use the Absstem Website or the Absstem Website Content for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose; use any registered or unregistered trademarks or signs on the Absstem Website or in the Absstem Website Content without the prior written consent of the respective owner; translate, modify, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Absstem Website or Absstem Website Content in whole or in part; remove any notice of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights from the Absstem Website Content; frame or otherwise embed Absstem Website Content in your or a third party website; mirror any part of the Absstem Website; create a database by systematically storing and downloading all or any Absstem Website Content; or use any robot, spider, site search application or retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Absstem Website or the Absstem Website Content.
- Absstem reserves the right to deny access to the Absstem Website at any time.
5. No WarrantiesAbsstem does not give any express or implied warranties, nor do they make any representations, nor do they assume any responsibility that:
- the Absstem Website or the Absstem Website Content are available without interruption;
- the use of the Absstem Website or the Absstem Website Content will not infringe any third-party rights;
- the Absstem Website as well as the Absstem Website Content are free from errors or are complete, accurate or up-to-date at all times;
- other web pages accessed by hyperlinks from the Absstem Website, irrespective of whether these belong to affiliated companies of Absstem or third parties, do not infringe third party rights or are free from errors, or that applicable data protection provisions are complied with; or
- the Absstem Website is free from viruses, bugs, malware, or similar malicious programs.
6. Limitation of Liability
- Absstem does not accept any liability for any content of websites which are accessed via a link from the Absstem Website, whether through technical malfunction, wilful manipulation by third parties or negligent, grossly negligent or wilful misdirection by third parties.
- Absstem does not accept any liability for:
- defects in rights regarding the Absstem Website or Absstem Website Content;
- any loss or damage arising as a result of inhibited access or non-accessibility of the Absstem Website as well as Absstem Website Content;
- any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of the Absstem Website or of any of the Absstem Website Content, including anything done or the consequences of anything done or omitted to be done wholly or partly in reliance upon the whole or any part of the contents of the Absstem Website or any of the Absstem Website Content; or
- the availability of the content of third-party websites or any loss or damage resulting from their use, regardless of the purpose of use, whereas Absstem does not limit its liability under statutory law for the violation of life, body or health caused by wilful intent or gross negligence by Absstem or its representatives.
- The Absstem Website and the Absstem Website Content are operated and managed by Absstem and its subsidiaries. Save for the provisions herein, the Absstem Website and the Absstem Website Content take into account the requirements of the country, in which Absstem or the subsidiary in charge is based. Absstem accepts no responsibility if (i) the Absstem Website is accessed, or (ii) if the Absstem Website Content is used or downloaded from the Absstem Website, in places outside the country concerned. When the user accesses the Absstem Website from places outside the country concerned, the user is solely responsible for complying with the regulations that apply in accordance with their respective national laws.
7. Absstem Website Content
- Where the Absstem Website Content is generated by or sourced from, Absstem, Praxair or any other third party (such content, the “Third Party Information”), the author and source of such Third-Party Information and the date of its publication are clearly and prominently identified. Absstem has neither sought nor obtained permission to use or quote such Third-Party Information. Absstem has not assisted in the preparation of the Third-Party Information and cannot guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or availability of the Third-Party Information, and does not explicitly or implicitly endorse such Third-Party Information.
- While Absstem attempts to ensure that the Absstem Website Content is accurate, all Absstem Website Content is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis and may not be accurate or up to date. No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Absstem for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies on the Absstem Website or in any of the Absstem Website Content.
- No action should be taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon the Absstem Website or any of the Absstem Website Content. Absstem does not accept liability for any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of the Absstem Website or of any of the Absstem Website Content, including anything done or the consequences of anything done or omitted to be done wholly or partly in reliance upon the whole or any part of the contents of the Absstem Website or any of the Absstem Website Content.
8. Amendments to the Absstem Website or the Absstem Website Content or Terms and Conditions
- Absstem reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to make amendments or additions, to the Absstem Website or the Absstem Website Content.
- Absstem reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions of use from time to time at its sole discretion without any obligation to inform the user. The user agrees that his continued use of the Absstem Website constitutes his consent to respective changes of the terms and conditions as applicable.
9. Violation of these Terms and Conditions
- Absstem reserves the right to deny the user’s access to the Absstem Website in whole or in part at any time in case of the user’s non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions or the user’s infringement of the rights of Absstem in the Absstem Website or the Absstem Website Content or any third parties’ rights.
- Furthermore, the user herewith indemnifies and holds harmless Absstem from and against all claims and damages arising out of or in connection with (i) the use of, or activities in connection with, the Absstem Website and Absstem Website Content, or (ii) any violation of these Terms and Conditions by the user.